Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I get up and "go" to work.

A minor alarm has a comment of  a  "Trap has been received"  In the description it said DIGITAL LINE FAILURE - listed as MINOR.  The guy mentoring me calls and says he is surprise I closed it without calling I told him 1.  The customer said only Major and Environmental Alarms  - this is minor.  2.  A trap never clears so it will never have a clear (ie power failed - power restored) He asked me why a trap does not clear and I had to tell him it is a blip in the data - the data flow is monitored and if there is a spike - or lack of data for even a split second the "trap" is received.  It will never clear because it is more of an event - you get multiple traps when it keeps happening and there are problems and traps stop being received when all is ok.

He said he never knew this.  Really - working on this stuff and they aren't told the meanings or they don't ask - wow.

LOL I am just constantly curious and ask a million questions but it ends up being helpful when I need it later


It made me feel good though that I am doing that well and able to understand what I am doing.

It was good but a bit boring today - hopefully after tomorrow's training I will be able to do more.  After work I picked up my son from the train station.  I had been cooking everyone's crock pot favorite dish - my hubby calls it Polynesian Chicken (1 bottle Russian Salad Dressing, 1 jar of Apricot-Pineapple Preserves - 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix - cut up boneless, skinless chicken - crock pot until it is cooked or like I did very low heat for HOURS to get it to be so tender).


Hubby came home - he talked on the phone with his friend and then we ate dinner.  After dinner we played an awesome game of Scrabble.  It was so much fun!  I showered and went to bed while the guys played another game of Scrabble.  I went to bed enjoying the fact we had one of those wonderful family nights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring