Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Feeling tired.  Emotionally the job situation is taking a toll.  I like to know that I have income coming in and to be in such fear of having to face not having an income again is really wearing me out.  The pain comes back because of the stress and the tenseness of my muscles.  I just try to keep smiling and get through it.

I really need to clean up the house after I get off work today.  I got to work and it was chaotic.  Everyone is stressed and we are all tired.  At least I know I am not the only one dealing with it and everyone else seems to feel the same way as everyone seems to be talking to everyone and having private meetings and chatting about it.  My best friend at work asked to take me out to lunch so we went.  We talked about all kinds of stuff and ended up on movies.  We both told each other about a particular movie we liked.  He said he was going to bring Donnie Darko in and I said I would bring Bound in.  It felt nice, and yet sad - it probably will be the last lunch we have together - we both said we would try to keep in touch but I know lives get in the way - our careers will likely take us in different directions.  Change is so hard.

I got back to work after lunch and one of the managers was holding a resume creation workshop so I went since I do need to update my resume.  We all laughed - tense laughter but we needed to laugh.  We are all in the same boat - scared of what our future holds.

I got back and started wrapping up at work when a call came in from one of my favorite administrative assistants so I said I would go down there and help her with her issue on my way out - that way I could let her know what was going on.  We chatted and then I headed out.  Much later than I intended.  I went shopping and then got home.  My hubby and I had decided on comfort food - Macaroni and Cheese - when I got home I realized the milk was also expired so I went ahead and ran out to 7-11 to get that.  I also got fireworks flyers from two places so we could decide what we wanted to get.

I chatted with one of my cousins while I started picking up the house a bit - but really I didn't get much done.  I am just so tired.  My hubby came home and made Mac and Cheese.  15 years since I had it - it was wonderful!  Simple and comforting.  He called his grandpa and I took a shower.  We started chatting and then his best friend called.  She got her fiance's autopsy and toxicology report back.  She was going through some huge emotional swings so since I was already tired - I took my meds and went to bed.  I heard my hubby whining about his consult and the trip and heard her work with him on it.  I am lucky to have her - I can off load some of that drama on her since she can talk to him better than I can on it.  He came to bed awhile later and told me how wonderful I am to let him talk to her - if he only know how much I rely on her to help him when I cannot - he might get why and that it is me actually getting a break.

I drifted off to sleep again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring