Monday, July 18, 2011

I got to sleep in a bit since I still do not have a place to go to work or a laptop.  I checked my email and responded to by soon to be boss? (not sure) then continued to work on sanding the dining room table.  My body was aching and I was nervous and frustrated.  I had a conference call that made it obvious I would not be able to work from an office so after the phone call I started making calls since my internet was not working correctly (constantly up and down).  I was going to replace the modem - I doubted very much it was the modem but I started with that.

The cable company had been horribly rude and resistant to help me.  It took over 2 hours for me to get the approval for the modem replacement and then I went to the cable company office to pick it up and the refused to let me get it AFTER they took my old modem because it was in my hubby's name.  The agent was rude - I insisted on the floor manager and she was rude and insistent that she could not release the replacement  - then the store manager - who told me I would need to show my license with the house address - I did and also pointed out they even wrote ALL of that information down when I returned the old modem.  I finally got the modem and decided to write a comment form to point out how rude everyone had been - floor agent says she cannot give a comment form - floor manager opens an unlocked cabinet and handed me one and said she would take it when I was done - I noticed  that there was a locked comment box and went to go hand it in after I filled it out and the floor manager was blocking me like in basketball!  She kept saying she would take it for me - finally I moved around her quickly and put it in - she was visibly upset (I know from working in stores like this - these boxes are locked and only a corporate agent can unlock it and take the comments to corporate - smirk - I am not that stupid!)

So I get home - stupid modem needs to be activated and then when it was activated it still wasn't connecting - after over an hour of debating with the tech and his supervisor the supervisor actually had the nerve to say I should wait until my hubby gets home so he can help me follow directions!  I got upset - finally they were able to get it online when they sent a new reset which is what I was asking them to do.

The internet seemed to be a bit better - one of the other calls of the day was to the owner of our house to see if he would allow us to do some changes to the house so I could work from the bedroom.  He was really cool and said yes but we had to pay for it all ourselves and any electrical and plumbing must be done by a licensed person.

It was a long day and frustrating.  My hubby's friend called and they talked - she, being an engineer was not pleased a guy suggested I needed my hubby's help.  Hopefully better luck tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring