Monday, July 11, 2011

Woke up to my son hacking and coughing - he has been having worse and worse asthma - it worries me that they took him off a medication that was working and every time I discuss it they say it takes time for the new med and just to hang with it for 30 days.  He is now getting rapidly worse.  We gave him more treatments and ended up in ER.  They brought his O2 up and he went home and I went to work.

It was crazy busy at work, one of my co-workers was in a pretty bad mood.  I was by myself most of the day and getting more and more scared since my hubby called and said my son was non-responsive.  Back into the ER.  He had two small cardiac arrests due to lack of O2 - and I was stuck at work.  They did an x-ray and found tumor or nodules and decided to do an emergency surgery to reduce the fluids in his lungs and to get biopsies. 

I left straight from work and it was a very short surgery.  Only 2 hours later they came out and said no cancer and they knew what the problem was - he is allergic to the new med.  So every time he was having an asthma attack he was getting sicker from the new med. 

Hubby stayed there - I went home to check on a few things.  Took a shower and went back to the hospital - hubby was then going home to go to sleep and relieve me in the AM so I could go to work.  Just over an hour later though he was back in the hospital holding my hand as we rested in those horrible hospital chairs waiting for the dawn of a new day.   Hopefully now that he will be back on the meds that worked and he is not allergic to - he will get better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring