Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So I got up, arggh, if there was coverage at work - I would have called in sick.  The pain is always worse in the AM and then again in the PM.  I got myself together and stopped at McDonalds to pick up breakfast as I would be by myself a majority of the day.

I got to work and it was pretty dead.  3 phone calls before 9am and each one lasted only a couple of minutes.  Then things picked up and in the end, I worked on an "urgent project" on software that hadn't been used in several years but suddenly needed to be up and running with permissions right away.  So much so that one of the management people came down to ask how I could speed it up.

Anyway - out around 2:30pm or so - back home.  My son called and asked if he could go to a send off party for a senior friend of his (who was at the paintball party) and since he finished his homework - I said yes but be back by 5:00pm.

I turned on my replay to verify that is was not having internet problems (I had some with my laptop the night before) and it was fine but there was a message that Replay service was ending on July 31st - so I guess we have to find a new DVR thing.  I loved my Replay it is going to seriously suck not having it and having to learn something new.

I was in so much pain, I just really couldn't do anything but pick up a little bit and handle some payperwork.  Hubby got home and made dinner and we ate.  I just couldn't sit up any more and went to my room to flop on my stomach and work on my computer.

My hubby heard my son playing his guitar and trying to tune it and he found an electronic guitar tuner he said he has had since he was like 20.  He put batteries in it and it worked.

Then one of those perfect moments in life happened.  The kind that you get this wonderful peace that comes over you and you feel you are in heaven because everything is so perfect.  He helped my son tune his guitar and took out his own (2nd time since I have known my hubby that he took out his guitar - 1st time that my son has ever seen) and they played, tuned, practiced and had fun together.

I came out and sat in the recliner listening to them both sing and play and joke around.  Such a perfect papa-son moment.  I hated to end it just after 10pm by saying it was time for bed.  I am going to try to promote it now that both of them enjoyed it.  I certainly did.  I may not have musical talent but I sure appreciate it.  My hubby was showing my son how to play "Science Fiction - Double Feature" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show  and my son was catching on quickly.  They are both so talented - but even if they weren't as talented as they are - it would have been just as wonderful to watch and listen to them having fun.  It has been a long time since there was that kind of peace in the house.

I went to bed drifting off thinking of what a wonderful and peaceful evening it had been.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring