Saturday, June 18, 2011

I got up and moved around a bit and ate.  But I was really tired and hurting so I got back in bed for awhile and fell asleep which I hadn't intended to do.  I woke about 10:00am and got going again and started to wake up my hubby.  He did a couple of things and then we worked on getting my son up - he was tired from the party the night before and we finally got him up around noon.  He took his shower first and then me and then my hubby.

We finally managed to get out of the house around 1pm.  We stopped somewhere to eat and then did our 3 hour drive.  One amusing thing happened - so I have a gas discount card based on how much I spend at the grocery store - it goes up to 20 gallons so driving the minivan is the best to use to fill up using the discount (ie .$.30 off EACH gallon up to 20 gallons.)  But it only works on shell stations.  We were running really low on gas - finally my hubby just said he would have to pull off and get whatever at the next stop.  As we were filling up with non-shell gas and unable to use the discount - he said - wouldn't it be funny if we get a mile up and there is a Shell station - what do you know - a couple miles down the road there is a Shell station - oh well - at least I still have the discount card to use at a later date.

We got to his grandfather's house close to 4:30pm.  We chatted for a bit and then decided on pizza.  My son said it was the best pizza he had ever had.  We ate and then sat and chatted (not really much to do - but sit and talk with his grandpa - but at least his grandpa was doing better than the last time we saw him (around Easter).  About 11:30pm we decided to go to the bridge (my hubby and I got married there) and we went - only about 15 min until it closed so we just enjoyed the breeze and the night air (it had been really hot and humid in the house) and we were noticing how swift the river was going.  Just as I was about to mention that if someone fell it they would rapidly get taken down river - I noticed what looked like drift wood and it wasn't going fast.

Staring for a few more seconds - I saw it move and then a couple more - they were river otters.  We had never seent hem there before so it was a treat.  At midnight the bridge closed and we headed back to his grandfather's house.  We went to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017