Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last night my hubby made a comment and I remembered that I had not made my son a doctor appointment to renew his meds and get a physical.  So this morning as it was quiet at work, I tried going online to make an appointment, but I did not have my son's medical record number so I ended up calling them.  I made an appointment for 3:45pm today.  I called my son to let him know that I made an appointment for him and to be home right after school.  I also renewed my meds and should get them in the mail within a week and also tried again to request access to my daughter's records.  They are supposed to send something to the group home she is living at so she can sign a form to allow me access back to her records since she denied me access.

It was a slow day in the morning at work, but it picked up in the afternoon.  I was glad though that I was able to get out on time just after 2pm and headed home. When I got home, I tried calling my son, but he did not answer.  Finally at 3:20pm, I got him on the phone and he said he was trying to give a friend a message and I told him to hurry home.  By 3:30 he was home and we were leaving - it is normally a 20 min drive without traffic - but I lucked out and went the freeway and it only took about 18 min - at that hour I was surprised there was not a lot of traffic on the freeway.

We got in to see the doctor at about 4pm and he spent about an hour with us.  We discussed his meds for asthma and how to try and change them slowly and wean him off of as much as he is on and find the minimum amount he needs.  We talked about his depression and the Dr. gave him antidepressants and a referral to mental health. 

We left and then went to the pharmacy and waited there.  I am glad I gave my hubby a heads up - I ended up calling him at 5:30pm to pick up the chicken for dinner.  We left the pharmacy by 6pm and got home around 6:30pm.  My hubby made this great lemon, honey chicken and we all had a nice dinner.  Sent my son to study a bit longer and as I was still in a huge amount of pain the whole day, I headed to bed after talking with my hubby for a bit.  I took some not super strong meds but enough to hopefully help the pain - we shall see if it does help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring