Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today was a crazy and frustrating day at work.  I walked in and the phones were going crazy - seems there was announcement put out and a link to our email system that was changed - a lot of people in the cleanrooms could not get to the new link, a few people did not have their email databases properly setup for that kind of email.  It quieted down just after 6am and then around 8am it went crazy again.  I had to remote into a ton of computers to get them to work and the phone calls kept coming.  On top of that there was this laptop with a weird problem that no one at the helpdesk - me included could figure out - yet the user had complained to our upper management which made it a priority.

I tried all kinds of things while fielding crazy email calls.  I ended up having to call the user back and say come and get it and bring it back the next morning for me to work on the laptop again.  I had some ideas of how to figure out the problem which by then I had determined was a registry problem.

The pain was hard to get through and I came home and tried to relax as much as I could.  We had dinner and then after dinner the guys played on their guitars while I listened.  My son's fingers do not have calouses on them yet and so they were a bit soar but it was sure fun listening to them.  I enjoy having the music in the house and listening to them laugh.  Looking forward to movie night tomorrow and the weekend where hopefully I can get a handle on this pain.  I know I have to learn to live with it but still hoping I can find a way to ease it a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring