Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I got to work (kind of nice skipping a Monday) and just started working on things.  I got a lot accomplished and it wasn't too frustrating.  I made a grocery list including all of the stuff I would need to get for my son's 16th bday bash on Saturday and then went home - stripped the bed and started laundry - then ran to the store - I had hoped to take 30 minutes but it took 45 - grand total was over $275 for groceries and party supplies! 

Then I went home - started a pot of boiling water while I brought in all of the groceries.  By the time they were in the water was boiling so I started the lasagna noodles.  While those were boiling I was able to brown the hamburger and get about 1/3 of the groceries put away and found the rest of the ingredients for lasagna.  Noodles done - made the lasagna and put it in the oven - then I cleaned up the house and made the bed - and then my hubby called to say he was on his way home.  I took the lasagna out - put the bread in and as he came through the door at 5:30pm dinner was on the table!!!  Not bad since I didn't get home the first time until 3pm so that was 2 and a half hours after getting home that the shopping was done - a load of laundry - straightening up the house and a nice lasagna dinner was made.  We talked and he loved the dinner.  Then we retired to the bedroom to relax and catch up on computer stuff.  And then we got to enjoy more time with now kids in the house - it has been nice to have some time as a couple and not always a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring