Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - My Son's 16th Birthday - WOW!!!

So I got up - kissed hubby and son goodbye as usual and went to work.  It was busy but less busy than Monday.  Just before 6am, I called my son and wished him a Happy Birthday (he was born at 6am) - he said he got a lot of facebook wall posts that said happy birthday before he even went to school.

I worked - lots of little things - nothing too bad - but it was tiring.  On the down moments I was checking with guitar stores to see if I could find a guitar case for my son - between phone calls to places and emails to my hubby - we determined there was a place that had one.

I went down there after work - the guy looked high and low and finally found one of the two that were supposedly in stock.  The one had a little nick on it - they gave me $10 off on it for that - you can hardly see it.  Then I headed home.

Chatted with my son a bit and his dad and read a bit more of my book.  My hubby came home and he had an awesome card for us to give our son.  Sent him out to the car to "get sodas" he was thrilled to find the guitar case and also thrilled with the guitar accessories my hubby got him.

He said it was the best bday ever!!  My hubby got this huge set of steaks - the original price was $40+ on it but he got it for under $20!

He went out and grilled it - we had mashed potatoes, peas, and steak.  My son ate the steak like there was no tomorrow and will finish my portion tomorrow after school.  We settled down to watch a little TV while eating ice-cream.

They continued watching when it was time for me to get ready for bed.  Then they came in - we chatted a little longer and all went to bed - my son had a big smile on his face - he seemed to love his birthday.

I cannot believe he is 16!  Time is going by so fast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017