Friday, June 24, 2011 - Time for Change

I almost called in sick because I was so tired and it was going to be a nice day.  Glad I did not though because my life got turned upside down.

First one of my bosses actually noticed I had not responded to a meeting request - and she said I really should be there.  Then as soon as I heard who was on the conference call - I knew that  was NOT good news.  HR was on the conference call - the only reason for that is that our jobs are changing or going away.

I found out I will not be staying at the facility I am working at and supposedly (but it is hard to believe) we will all get jobs at other locations.  It would be helpful if I do get a job at the one location that is really close to home as right now I commute 45 min to work and this other place would be a 15 min commute.  I will find out more next week but already know my last day will be July 15th.

I also have my masters so it may be time for me to start my new career - so much change - I will have to wait it out next week to see how things will go.

I got home, and spent some time on email and then my hubby called and he got me one of my favorite dinners.  We ate and then talked while each doing things on the computer.  I started to fall asleep because of the emotional toll it took on my body - so I took my meds and was asleep by about 10:30pm.

I know this is a good thing - I know that it was time for change - just always is hard to go through it at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017