Monday, June 13, 2011

Well I still don't get knots in my stomach about going to work so I guess I should be happy that I still don't hate my job that much.  I wish I could call in sick today but I am working alone in the mornings and my co-worker is working alone in the evenings - at least if he and I do this neither one of us has to work a 12 hour day (except him covering for Saturday 12 hours).  It was chaotic at first and there was a rash of hardware failures.  The good news is the A shift was the last shift to have to learn about the email issues so once I get them done it should quiet down.

It stayed pretty busy - not so overwhelming I couldn't stand it but pretty busy.  I got off just a little late and headed home.  I called my son to verify he was home and that everything went ok and drove home.  When I got home I stripped the bed and started that laundry and wrote the list while looking at coupons.  My son and I went shopping and even picked up a treat - stuff to make s'mores.  We got home - he had put everything in the car and then took everything out of the car and I put stuff away.  When the bedding was done he even helped me make my bed so lifting the mattress wouldn't stress my back too much.

I am learning how to move around differently to limit the pain.  I then had some time to read so I did and when my hubby got home we went out in the back and he grilled the hotdogs.  We came in and ate.  The bummer of the day though is one of the main brands of bread, hamburger and hot dog buns changed their formula and now their products contain milk - so now I have to find a new brand so my son can enjoy those things again.  I found a new brand for bread earlier but need to find a place to get buns now.

After dinner we went into the back and got the big webber out and started a fire.  We roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores.  It was nice.  Then I got ready for bed and read a little bit more before going to bed.

Tomorrow is my son's 16th bday - i set my 2nd alarm on my phone for 6am when he was born so I can call him in the morning at 6am.  He has his first 2 finals tomorrow.

I look forward to spending some time with him tomorrow.  Still looking for one of his presents though - I will have to get up early and take some measurements before I leave so I can make a few phone calls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017