Thursday, May 12, 2011

So I psyched myself up today to get as much done as I can and work by myself  from 5:30am to 6:30pm - and as I started work - a call came in that my co-worker would be coming in a few hours!  I was thrilled - if all worked well I would get off on time or near it and have a relaxing day at home!  She came in and we got to talk and work on things together.  I liked that and it is so much better than talking to myself all day - LOL.

So I got to leave on time (well just a little bit late) and then I headed out I talked to some of my friends on the way out of the building and then headed home.  I got home and started a file backup of my hubby's computer - it continued until it finished at nearly bedtime but I feel much better now knowing that all of our data is backed up.

I talked with my son and worked a bit on cleaning the dining room and a bit on the living room.  I had done dishes when I left in the AM so things are looking good. 

After we ate my hubby's wonderful chili we watched the latest episode of Bones as a family - there was lots of meaning in it for us - and while we laughed at some parts we cried together as a family one one of the characters died.   I know a lot of people just watch tv and it is like 3 or 4 people alone in the same room - but when our family watches it we pause the tv constantly, discuss things, make jokes, express our feeling and interact.  An hour show - skipping the commercials usually takes us over an hour - just because we communicate - something that so often seems lacking lately with people I know (ok off my soap box now).

Then it was off to bed - yea tomorrow is Friday - after I get up at that super early time - the next 2 times I get up will be when I want to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017