Monday, May 9, 2011

First day back at work - BLAH!  It was crazy, busy and frustrating.  I think that Murphy's Law was running in full force today starting at work and then continuing at home.  So crazy things at work is like my co-worker nicely goes into the Fab to check on a reported monitor failure - he takes a monitor with him - that monitor also does not seem to be working so I grab another one and test it - it starts to work then it fails too - finally this monitor works.  I had an account to create for a new user and everything that I tried to do ran into issues - first I did not have the right info - then it was trying to find out who could give me the info - then it was that his email wouldn't work even after getting a senior engineer to work on it - (that one turned out to be that he worked at our company and left in 03 and he was still in the terminated email addresses so he had to be removed from there to get him to work.)

I did manage to get through all of my email message and reset all of my accounts so I feel like I have my comforts again.  It will probably be super busy for awhile - especially since my biggest partner in crime is going in for surgery and so we will be short staffed.

So I did get some stuff done - I left work and went to get papers notarized and bought a mothers' day card for my mom to send with the gift I got her.  I went to the post office where my son met me since it is close to his school - mailed off the notarized statements, my present for my mom and also updated my voter registration with my new address and last name - I think I am now completely caught up with paperwork.

We went to the store and spent over $200 in groceries - we planned on having hamburgers and fruit salad tonight and was thrilled I got everything for it - also for the meals for the week.

 I got home - stripped my bed and washed the sheets, started a load of my laundry, put groceries away and ran a load of dishes and cleaned part of the kitchen.  Hubby came home and looked at the hamburger and it was bad - all four things I bought - dated several days ago - so he goes back to the store and they refunded the money and gave him 2 lbs of hamburger for his trouble.  He comes home - starts the BBQ and it runs out of Propane - so he uses the pan to cook the hamburgers - he runs out of liquid smoke - blah it just kept going like that - but the dinner ended up being delicious and we planned and agreed upon dinners for the next week or so.

Tomorrow I plan to go to work.
Clean the rest of the kitchen and dining room.
Run a load of dishes.
Take my son to choir.
Fix Polynesian Chicken.
I will also try to get to the store to trade up the propane tank for a full one and pick up more hamburger that is not nasty and old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017