Putting one foot in front of the other

                                                   Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

On Wednesday evening I read my friend Sylvie's Blog and it inspired me to want to go out and walk.  The problem was it was dark and in my neighborhood walking after dark is not a good idea.  So on Thursday I read it again and this time it was not dark yet so I walked around my block 1 time (just over 1/2 mile) and I did it in 12 minutes.  I felt a bit sore but had a great feeling of accomplishment.  So today, Friday, I searched through my closet to find my Reebok High Tops and to walk again.

After once around the block I looked down at my stopwatch and found I did it in just under 11 minutes and still felt good so I walked around the block one more time.  I fell as I was focusing on the house before mine when I was trying to focus on getting home.  I need to remember that when I am into the music and into relaxing, I am less likely to fall. 

I completed the 2 block walk (just over a mile per Google Maps) in 21:18!!  My goal is to shorten that to under 20 minutes by the end of the year.

I am trying to make small changes that will allow me to become healthier and have more energy.  I just need to remember to put one foot in front of the other.  At the top of this page is a counter showing my current progress on weight loss.  I started it yesterday, so hopefully I will make progress in 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring