My Quest for Peace - Day 16

I have been really listening to my internal dialog, my self-talk, my thoughts and I find it is getting more positive.  I still have negative thoughts that are intended to be self-defeating or self-sabotaging, but as I hear them I am working to change them.

This morning my throat was scratchy and I found myself thinking that I was probably getting sick.  I realized that was what I was thinking and told myself that I am not sick and that shortly after a bit to drink my throat will be better.  Later when I was trying to get ready for my walk, I realized my thoughts were trying to make excuses and I told myself no excuses that this is how I am going to make myself better and stronger.

During my walk, I suddenly became afraid of falling.  I even tripped while I was obsessing about the fact that I might fall.  I caught myself on my trip and said to myself that I am NOT going to fall and just to enjoy the music.  My brain so often sabotages myself.  I am noticing though that most of the self-talk is becoming positive.  Most of the time on the walk was thinking about how much I enjoy how I feel afterwards and how my heart is getting stronger and I am able to do more things and thinking about going to Disneyland - only the part when I started about falling was negative.  When I first started walking I would say I was about 80% negative thoughts and now I feel like I have about 15 or 20% negative thoughts and since I catch them I am able to change them.

I am changing my life towards the positive, peaceful healing by changing my negative, self-sabotaging thoughts to positive thoughts.  I am noticing the change and loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017