Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I got my hubby up and we drove nearly an hour to the airport.  He went back home to get ready for work.  I went through security with no problem and the plane left with no problem (I guess my bad luck on the flights I took the week before did not carry over) I had an hour layover in Las Vegas - it was here I started questioning whether I should have gone to this conference because my daughter's therapist told me she thought I needed to get an attorney right away because things were happening after my daughter had requested to be moved to another group home and to not reunify (she is almost 16) - distraught I got on the next leg of the plane.  I arrived in Omaha to WONDERFUL WEATHER - it had been already in the low 90s when I left Sacramento at 8am - and was over 100 in Las Vegas - Omaha - about 75!!!!!  I called the hotel and they said the shuttle would be there soon.  It got there and took me to the Hotel.  Before I had left I had been studying my facebook to memorize what my roomate looked like - but I instantly recognized her (and her Elvis shirt!)  - we checked in and they gave us COOKIES!!!  (I am such a cookie monster).  Faye and I immediately knew we were perfect roommates together - she had already gotten a fan from the front desk and we both wanted the temperature as low as possible in the room!  We chatted for awhile and then went to go downstairs to see how things were going and to see the room.  We then found one of our friends and helped out a little and started some of our fish pranks!!! Another friend popped into the conference area with her dog - OHH my goodness I just wanted to steal the dog what a sweetheart!!!  (I still think the dog belonged with me - we matched - all black).  We helped out and then locked up the area and my roomate and I asked at the front desk about the shuttle and the shuttle driver suggested a nice place to eat.  We had a nice meal and then got picked back up - I so loved the free shuttle service!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017