Sunday, September 18, 2011

My friend is still waiting the ultrasound results on her cat - but luckily he has quit vomiting and seems a bit better.  I am more than a bit anxious - I really want to go to this conference but am really struggling with leaving my hubby.  I know I need to learn to be on my own more but I have been so stressed about finding jobs and everything - I just feel so overwhelmed.  At least today was another quiet day.  Sometimes I wonder about my son.  He came home late - just in time to finish his chores before the end  of the week.  I have barely seen him all week.  Hubby and I talked a lot (he keeps trying to keep me positive) - I sent out everything I had to get done for this week with unemployment and everything.  And had a nice family dinner.  Tomorrow I have to get ready and pack since I leave early Tuesday morning.
My daughter called me on Sunday and first played the "everything is great I am doing so well had a great week"  I asked her about her running away and she tried to tell me that was awhile ago - I said just a few days ago.
But it was the other girls in the house and they were mean to her.
I suggested that maybe she should look at how she treats people and try to put herself in people's shoes.
She again went on about how its other people's fault - I told her she was playing victim then she
tried to play victim about how Sept 11th and her dad has upset her and people don't understand.

So I tried to walk her through why her dad got upset at her and told her that when she calls me next
I want her to have really thought about how he would have felt on Sept 11th and imagine what it
would be like to be him with a daughter like her calling.

I was harsh to her - probably a bit too harsh but I was really not in the mood for a bunch of bullshit
(everything is great) or  her usual pity party.  I told her at one point that even if she didn't care about
how other people feel, she needs to put herself in someone else's shoes and try to at least act like she
cares.

I had a hard time falling asleep until my hubby and I got to spend some adult time together - I am going to miss him so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017