My Quest for Peace - Day 65

Relationships. 
This one is easy for me now because I have spent so much time in the past few years dealing with this.  I am now in a relationship over 6 years old with my hubby and it is wonderful because he respects me for who I am - not what I do - he has seen me make money and he has seen me unemployed.  He has seen me happy and optimistic and been by my side and called into work when I was so depressed I couldn't even get out of bed and face the world.

Last year, the relationship that was the most toxic, my daughter's and my relationship, changed.  I realized I could no longer help her with our relationship the way it was.  Her relationship was also damaging the relationships with all of the other people I care about in my life.  Although at the time I felt forced to do it, I relinquished custody of her to CPS and it turned out to be the best thing.  Now we can focus on a grown mother/daughter relationship and I can advocate for her but we can rebuild to something much nicer.  Being the one who maintained the rules was damaging our relationship and now that someone else does that - we are able to start rebuilding our relationship.

I have continued to modify my relationships with my family to make them more positive and functional.  It is nice to get together with them - enjoy the day and then get a break by going home.  I think our relationships are stronger and more functional than a few years ago by doing this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017