My Quest for Peace - Day 39

People have often commented on how often I smile - even at the retreat people noticed I smile a lot.  It was something I learned a long time ago way back when I was in elementary school.  There were popular girls and I was not one of them.  After I was put down and nearly in tears by them, one of my favorite teachers asked me if I could show her my beautiful smile.  Even though I didn't feel like it - I did.  Well I realized a lot of the sadness and hurt went away and my thoughts focused on more positive things. 

Even today reading the passage I was upset and stressed about some things and when the book said to smile - I did and amazingly I felt a lot better.  I also learned at one of my first technical support jobs that the customer can "hear" your smile.  They even gave us a mirror to remember to smile so the customer would "hear" it.  But it is true since if you are in a bad mood and you smile a real smile, you suddenly are not in that same mood and that is what the customers hear.

So when people wonder why I smile a lot -it really is so that I feel better - besides a smile is infectious and the more people smiling the more there is positive energy in a place.  The more positive energy and the better the world is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017