Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First - Sorry I have been so delinquent in my posts.  Things changed rapidly and then it seemed so daunting to catch up.  I have promised myself I will try to catch up and keep up.  So to anyone reading this - yes I am more than a month behind but I hope shortly to be caught up.

I will continue writing as if I am at the date in the post since I will remember the day as I walk back through my notes.

So here it goes:
I got up.  I hadn't slept well because I was so nervous.  I made sure my son was up.  I went to the interview.  It seemed to go ok, but who knows.  I did something that maybe was foolish but I felt wrong not doing it, I let them know I would need time off at the end of February and beginning of March for my hubby's surgery.  It may keep me from getting the job, but I just didn't want to put them in a bad position in a few months without them knowing.  I still hope I land a therapist job but this doesn't seem bad.  They said I should hear by the end of the week or so.  I will assume I will not hear anything until Monday.  They said they would let me know one way or the other, I hope so - many places say that and I never get a call.

I am soooo nervous.  I went back home to do some job searching and such before going to my daughter's therapy appointment.  I went to my daughter's appointment.  It was ok, I can never tell if we really get through to her or not.  She often breaks down and it seems like we made headway but then it seems like we didn't.  We discussed her coming to visit soon for a day.  Hopefully she does well and it will work.

I went home, tired and emotionally drained.  Steve Jobs died - so sad to me.  I met him a couple of times at Apple.  I always admired his innovation.  I am sure he is at peace - I think he was hiding a lot of pain all of these years from the cancer.  We had dinner.

I was so nervous about when I would hear back about the job.  I know I should really just relax and take it as it comes but I don't want to keep feeling useless.

In other good news, my hubby received his birth certificate today - earlier than expected.  The state had said that birth certificates were delayed for 4+ months - he got his in just about 3 months.  Now he finally has that - who knows maybe someday we can travel and now he will be able to get a passport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017