April 25, 2011 - My first day without work - well at least not going to paid work...

It was so hard the past 9 months.  My hubby kept up some things, I couldn't get anything housewise done.  And before that I had so very little time, most things never got taken care of after the move a year ago last November.  So today I decided to start catching up.  Now as usual my plans were way more than what I could physically do.  I had planned on doing the master bathroom, the master bedroom and start to work on the garage.  Mind you my hubby walks out the door just a bit before 9am so I cannot start until then and I had a 4pm dentist appointment for both my son and I.

 So I started the day going to Bed, Bath and Beyond - I was looking to see if I saw anything I like to replace my comforter set - no luck.  I did find a can crusher, bathroom waste basket, Folex carpet cleaner, a new toilet seat and some scrubbers to help scrub nasty stuff with.  Oh I should say before I left I used X-14 mildew and mold remover with bleach on the bathroom.

From Bed, Bath and Beyond I headed to Walmart to see if they had more X-14 - no luck there but I did get another cleaner that might help, a big thing of windex knockoff refill bottle, more laundry detergent and a rack for the shower that I thought would be helpful.

So I leave there and check out savemart and riteaid - no x-14 with bleach so I head home.  I cleaned the bathroom - until 1:30pm then I realized I did need a new bath mat (the other one the rubber was falling all over) so back to bed, bath and beyond and I got a nice purple one.  I finish cleaning the bathroom in time for my son and I to go to the dentist.

Good news - he has no cavities - bad news for me - lots of cracks, some cavities and many other issues I knew about but didn't have time for before.  So new appointment for Wed from 10-1 for one half and next Monday 11-11:30 for cleaning and then about 2 more hours for repairs.  On the plus side with my excellent insurance only about $280!  No root canals, no crowns, just patches.  At least my gums look really good he said for almost 40.  Interestingly, other than two small buckle repairs 10 years ago - I have had no other cavities - not bad for almost 40 and having poor enamel.

Hubby called not long before we were going to leave and we decided on hamburgers - I picked up the stuff and he BBQed - it was good and it was nice even if a bit windy outside while he BBQed and had part of a cigar while I read my book.  Then watching a couple of shows as a family.

So here are before and after pictures of the bathroom - hopefully the bedroom can be done tomorrow.


And the Boxes are no longer there either



The four boxes stacked up are now gone and so are two of the boxes that were for the bathroom that were in our bedroom.  Finally the bathroom is put together.

And I got about 50 more pages read in the book I am currently reading...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017