Being honest without fear of judgement

Since I gave the victim statement to the court for my daughter, I have been slowly working on coming to terms with letting go and allowing myself and my daughter to heal separately.  Then came time to start my annual family newsletter.  Do I just remove her?  That didn't sound right, but what do I do?  Through therapy, I realized I needed to be honest.  I have always been my daughter's PR person so to speak.  Making things sound the best they could so family could see the positive side of her.  I realize that is not my job anymore and I was able to nicely put that she is still struggling and we do not have contact. 

I know some will judge but I am finally becoming honest with myself that I have done everything I can and it is now time for both of us to heal on our own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017