Hunter's Full Moon (belated post September 29, 2012)


I had such a wonderful time at the conference and with my good friend on the East Coast and then came home to a backlog of stuff to do I got behind on my blog.

So in catching up I wanted to write about the Hunter's Full Moon that was here on September 29, 2012.  This is the first full moon after Mabon (Autumn Equinox).  Some would call it the Harvest Moon as it is the closest Full Moon to the Autumn Equinox but this year since the Full Moons are shifted towards the earlier part of the season the Hunter's Full Moon is actually closest although just past Mabon.

The Hunter's Full Moon is named because the full moon give light to hunters tracking their prey before the cold winter settles in.  They are able to stock up on the protein they will need to make it through the winter.

I myself am doing that in a manner of speaking.  I went to the conference to "stock up" on more learning material and to socialize before the cold settles in and we look inward and do less outside socializing and more family bonding.  

I find this a good time to seek out that which you will need in order to work within yourself during the dark time of the year the time of reflection and integration of new ideas and work from the previous year.

I was able to win in an auction a healing retreat for November.  I was able to learn a lot of new information that will help me when I start my therapy practice.  I took a lot to keep me busy during the dark months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017