Growing up....

This weekend was busy.  On Friday, my son was a groomsman for a good friend's wedding.  He seemed so grown up - going to a bachelor party, handling groomsmen tasks. 

While at the wedding I realized how my position has changed.  I watched a couple dancing (the groom's parents) and thought how cool they were dancing to pop music from the 80s and then I realized they are probably actually close to my age - maybe a bit older - I have now become a parent to an adult - a new rite of passage.

Saturday, we had my son's Eagle Court of Honor.  There were dignitaries and such.  It was fun and it was serious - my son is an Eagle Scout and I am a mom of an Eagle Scout!  Wow!  Afterwards my son went to hang out with a friend that in a couple of weeks will be going on his mission for two years!  The kids that were laughing and joking in my house are adults now - everyone is growing up.

Sunday, my hubby and my son and I went to go see Princess Bride in a theater.  It was fun and because everything was sooo big (compared to a little tv) we saw all kinds of things from the 80s in the background.  My hubby and I laughed and talked about all of the things we had or still have from that time.

But while we all may be growing up and moving into a different time of our lives - my hubby and I dressed up in our wedding outfits (since we had a Princess Bride wedding) and laughed and had a great time - so you don't have to get old and boring - but my life is changing and I am moving into a new phase of my life - it feels a bit weird but it is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Lughnasadh 2017