Yule - Winter Solstice

Today is Winter Solstice otherwise known as Yule.  My hubby, son and I celebrate it as our main winter holiday.  We still have Christmas stockings on Christmas morning but today is when we each give each other thoughtful or handmade presents.

I enjoy Yule because it lets us get away from the hectic Christmas season.  We plan ahead because we know there is not last minute Christmas Eve shopping for us.

This year our family Christmas Gathering also was on Yule.  We had a wonderful time and I found that my allergy shots are really working as I did not need to take any allergy medicine or inhalers while at my brother's house where he has cats that previously had sent my allergies through the roof.
I brought rolls, mashed potatoes and a Yule Log cake for dessert.

We came home and celebrated Yule privately.  Each of us liked our gifts and were thrilled at how well each of us knew each other. 


We will gather and eat dinner.  Laugh and joke with seasonal music playing in the background and then after dinner and before dessert we will open our gifts and enjoy them.  Then it will be dessert and relaxing together, celebrating the warmth of our home and cherish that this will be the last Yule before my son is an adult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring