Full Wolf Moon\ Full Moon after Yule

Well it is the Full Wolf Moon also known as Full Moon after Yule and Ice Moon and basically any kind of moon that has to do with seriously cold weather.

So what does Full Wolf Moon mean - well it is said that in this time of winter the wolves would howl in hunger.  But if we look deeper, we know that wolves are pack animals.  They require a connection to their pack to hunt, rear their family and to live.  What do we do in cold weather?  We connect with family, visit, celebrate and keep our home fires burning to share food and keep warm, much like the wolves do.

So I am focusing on family and being connected even in this cold weather where all you want to do is cozy up in bed and read a book.  I am making phone calls, volunteering and making sure that my "pack" (family and community) is part of me and I am part of it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mabon\Fall Equinox

Waiting....

Ostara \ Beginning of Spring